Wash Day Diary : Fall Started | October 6th 2014

Natural Hair Growth


Since fall is here, I am protective styling more. Now, my version of protective styling is more like, one week protective style, one day free, wash and protect.  I find that I am unable to go full time protective styling without washing my hair thoroughly. Therefore, that is just what I did today. Day 10 of wearing my hair in cornrows, and I had decided to wash my hair in twists, after detangling, using Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo (sulfate free). After that, I did a light protein treatment with Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner. I left this for 2 minutes, as instructed on the bottle. Next, I did my usual Black Tea rinse, and applied SheaMoisture Intense Hydration Deep Conditioner on top.   Since it is fall, I now always use heat when doing my deep conditioning session. I sat under the hooded dryer for 30 mins, rinse, and sealed with cold Aloe Vera Juice.

Post Wash

-          Applied my oil mix to my scalp; my scalp was suprising in great condition. I attribute it to my newest oil, Moringa Oil. I found that my hair had a silkier feeling since using this product, almost as if I used silicones in my hair. I wonder if this will be a great heat protectant (Note to self: do more researching on this)

-          Next,  I applied SheaMoisture Curl and Style Milk as my leave in

-          Then to complete the LCO method, I used my oil mix on my hair

-          Since I was putting my hair back in twists, I applied Eden Bodyworks Curl Defining Crème as my styler, twist my hair.

-          To keep my ends from being dry, I sealed my ends with Castor Oil.

What changes are you making to your wash day routine this fall?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Braid Machine for Hair

What To Do If Your Child Has Dry Scalp

My Current Skincare Products