Wash Day Diary: Sept 22nd 2014: Deep Conditioning with Heat


Today is the first day of Fall! and I decided to cowash my hair. In the fall, I tend to wash my hair more frequently because it tends to be drier in the colder months. It is important to listen to your hair.

I started by cowashing with Eden Bodywash cowash, then applied the SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Treatment Masque (Protein Treatment). I sat under the hooded dryer for 10 mins. Have you been noticing that I have been using more heat on my hair lately. Well, that is also something I do more of in the fall. I use more of the heat from the dryer than from my body heat. I feel like when I do this my hair benefits more than using my body heat. In the warmer, summer season, I use my body heat because it is hot outside and I generate more body heat than when it is colder.

After deep conditioning, I rinsed and sealed with cold Aloe Vera Juice.

Post Wash
  • Massage scalp with oil mix
  • Applied Karen's Body Beautiful Leave In Conditioner (Sweet Ambrosia) (Non-protein Moisturizing Condish). Have you seen the vlog where Big Sis and Lil Sis met Karen?? Watch it here:



  • Twist up my hair.
Did you notice that I don't include a styling section? Well, most of the time, I will apply my leave in, and then let my hair dry a bit. ...a couple of hours to soak in all the juicy moisture and liquid, then apply my styler and style my hair for the week.  #SecretIsOut LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?