Wash Day Diary: July 14th 2014 : Back to Basics

Cocoon Twists/ Bantu Loops Natural Hair
Cocoon Twists/ Bantu Loops


I started off my Wash Day by pre-pooing my hair with something I use to use when I was transitioning and earlier in my natural hair journey.
 
Wash Process
  • Sectioned hair into 4 parts
  • To each section, I spritz hair with water, applied Coconut Oil, detangled, and then applied VO5 Strengthening Conditioner
  • Cover for several hours
  • Rinse thoroughly
  • Co-wash with Eden Bodyworks Cleansing Cowash Conditioner. I love this stuff
  • Rinse thoroughly
  • Spritz hair with pre-brewed and cooled Black Tea (mixture 1 cup of water to 1 bag of tea). This amount is perfect for my hair. I found that my previous Wash Day Black tea rinses always had left over. I hate wasting stuff!
  • WITHOUT rinsing off, apply Shea Moisture Purification Masque to deep condition
  • Cover hair with two plastic bags, a turbie twist towel and a knitted cap
  • Worked out for an hour to generate as much body heat as possible
  • Rinse and do a cool water seal.
 
Post Wash 
  • Applied oil mix to hair
  • For each section to be twisted, applied Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk
  • Seal ends with DIY Shea Aloe Butter
  • Do a cocoon curl to the ends of twists
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does cloves water itch my scalp?

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer