Checking out Target and Bantu Knot Out

 When people go on vacation, they like checking out interesting places like museums. I like checking out stores looking at what they have in terms of natural hair products.  Yeah, I know I am weird like that. There are four stores that I like to check out, Target, Walgreens, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. I don't always buy products, but I look at the inventory to see if I can discover new products that I have not seen at home.

Today's store look-see was Target.

In January of 2013, SheaMoisture introduced more products to their body and hair line. I have not seen any of these products back at home, but many YouTube vloggers have been reviewing these products. It was so nice to be able to see the products in person.



Below are the newly introduced lines, which I have not yet tried.

 - SheaMoisture Coconut & Hi
biscus Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser

- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner

- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Frizz-Free Curl Mousse

- SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Damage Repair Hair & Scalp Serum


After looking at SheaMoisture, I saw that Jane Carter Solution had products that I have not seen. At this point, I am jealous!! I want to just uproot this store and put it in my backyard. LOL! My product junkism was in high alert. But I did not give in. *pat myself on the back*

These JC products must be really new because I could not find any information about them on the Jane Carter website, Facebook or even YouTube. Has anyone used or seen these?

I posted a message on Jane Carter Solution Facebook page regarding the products above. Here is the response I got back.
The other products I saw that we do not have at home was Shea Radiance, Curls, As I Am, Dark and Lovel Au Naturale and Camille Rose.

 

What about my hair?

Last night I did huge Bantu Knots on dry hair using Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk and Curls Cashmere Curl Jelly.  My hair felt soft and fluffy. This morning, I unknotted and created a Mohawk with a fluffy bang style. I loved the curls I got.

        yeah...those are the girls trying to be in my car hair shot!! LOL!

The only issue I had was I got a bit of flakes in the areas where I use more Curls Cashmere Curl Jelly.
 
I am not sure if it was the combination that caused the problem or the combination on top of the Karen's Body Beautiful Butter Love that I used earlier in the week.

What's up for tomorrow?.... wait and see.

Comments

  1. Your bantu knots came out cute! I tried it once but it backfired on me :/ I will keep trying though!!

    http://delnatural-allthingshair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Practice makes perfect. You can try doing them using either one of the techniques below and see which one works for you:

      1. On damp hair, apply your moisturizer and gel (optional), then create smaller size knots.

      OR

      2. On dry hair, apply your moisturizer and create smaller size knots.

      OR

      3. On damp hair, apply your moisturizer and gel (optional), then create larger size knots.

      OR

      4. On dry hair, apply your moisturizer and create smaller size knots.

      Make sure that your knots are COMPLETELY dry before unknotting. With either of the four techniques above, you can either do the knots without twisting or first do two strand twists then knot.

      When you pick out the twists, try not separating them completely, this will keep the bantu knot out from being frizzy quickly. If they frizz up, you can restyle as puff or Mohawk.

      I hope this works for you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer

Why is My Natural Hair Not Growing