Mini Twists and Deep Conditioning Tricks


I decided to do mini twists for Big Sis and knowing that it would be a multiple week style, I wanted make sure that her hair was properly prepped for the style.

  • Sectioning her hair into 5 parts and applied Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Purification Hair Masque to those sections after spritzing her hair with some water. The Purification Hair Masque is wonderful for itchy scalp.
  • While applying this to her hair and scalp, I gave her a much needed trim (half an inch off).

  • I left the treatment on her hair for 30 mins.
  • Rinse off and co-washed her hair with Tresemme Naturals Conditioner
  • For Deep Conditioning, I decided to try a new trick I learnt from Hairscapades. To read more about this trick, click here.
  • I applied Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque mixed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Covered her hair with plastic cap and thick knitted cap for 20 mins. Then let her sit under the dryer with just the plastic cap for another 20 mins.
  • Now... here is the trick. After getting out of the dryer, I removed the plastic cap, and let the hair cool for 15 mins. Then, I applied a mixture of 1 oz of Tresemme Naturals Conditioner and 6 oz of cool water to top of the hair. I left that on for 2 mins, and then rinsed off.
  • To promote shine, I did a final rinse with 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with 8 oz of cold water.
  • Her hair felt great and very VERY conditioner....the trick is a keeper!

Doing the mini twists took about 4 hours. I accessorized her hair with our homemade flower hair clips.

Result:

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! It took shorter time that anticipated, but I am so glad they turned out great. Big Sis loves them and now she can "whip her hair back and forth" LOL!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Nice blog. I'm gonna hafta check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, this is Tanya from Black and Natural in Jerusalem. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! Thanks! I love your video. I have learn a lot from you. By the way, I now wash Lil SIS's hair in twists. I will be writing a post about this soon.

      Delete
  4. Wow, awesome twists! I just did my first ones in my daughter's hair, and getting ready to follow up and do mine as well really soon. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching