African Threading Challenge: Style 4



------------------------------------------------------------

Style 2: Cornrows and Threading


Wash Process:
  • Pre-poo for 2 hours with Amla and Brahmi Treatment. I was impressed by how well this treatment detangled her hair.
  • Co-washed with Tresemme Natural Conditioner.
  • Deep conditioned for an hour with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque.
  • Final rinse with Aloe Vera Juice to add extra moisturizing.
  • Dry with t-shirt
  • Apply Castor Oil to scalp.
  • Apply leave in - Kinky Curly Knot Today.  
Tools used:
  • Moisturizer - Whipped Shea Butter
  • Rat tail comb 
  • Thread
  • Scissors
Styling Process:
  • Create groups of thread with four thread strands in a group.  Use the scissors to cut the thread
  • Knot ends of threads and set apart.
  • I used one group of four threads per sectioned hair. I made about 6 groups of thread.
  • Divide hair into two parts, from ear to ear.
  • Cornrow front half of hair
  • Divide back half of hair into 6 sections.
  • Undo one section of hair, and moisturize hair and ends of hair with Whipped Shea Butter Mix.
  • Thread with spaces. 
  • After threading all 6 sections, pack hair in mo-hawk style.
I wanted to share my mom's hair style.. LOVE IT!!!!  It's a basket weave using extensions.

Comments

  1. How do you like the SM Deep Treatment Masque as a deep conditioner? I've only used it as a styler because of the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like it okay... Before I started doing the CG method, I was using the Organics Root Stimulator Replenshing Conditioner. Now... that I LOVED. If I find something to replace the SMDTM, I would totally dump it. LOL!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can Split Ends be Genetic?

Can Hair Porosity Change?

What are some good products to use for thinning hair?