My Current Transitioning Hair Care Regime





Weekly Wash Routine
  • Section hair into four parts
  • Spritz one section with water and then apply VO5 conditioner mixed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil to use to detangle. Do the detangling with my fingers. Click here to learn how I finger detangle.
  • When all sections are done, cover hair with plastic cap for 30 mins.
  • Add Tresemme Natural Conditioner and water in an applicator bottle, apply to scalp. Co-wash scalp and then let then wash hair strands. Rinse off.
  • At the end of the month, clarify hair using Creme of Nature Detangling, Conditioning Shampoo (sulfate).
  • If I feel the need to shampoo or hair is much more tangled up than usual, use Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo (sulfate-free). 
  • After wash is done, hair is now in two sections (left and right)
  • Dry with a T-shirt
  • If breakage is noticed that is excessive, do a protein treatment using Organics Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise. If this is not the case, do a deep conditioning using Organics Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner. After generously applying either product, cover hair with plastic cap and thick woolen cap for at least an hour.
  • Wash hair
  • Apply Cantu Shea Butter Leave in  to hair, generously.(my hair likes Cantu Shea Butter without it being modified now, will be posting about that soon)
  • Apply Castor Oil to scalp. I ran out of Jamaican Black Castor Oil, so I use the NOW Castor Oil.

Choice of Styler

My goal is to finish all the products I have before I start buying new ones. It is so easy to be a product junkie. Check out my Hair Gallery for all the styles I have ever worn.

Daily Routine
  • Spritz hair lightly with Water + Glycerin + Aloe Vera Juice.
  • Apply Cantu Shea Butter Leave In.
  • Apply Oil Mix only as needed (if scalp is dry), do a scalp massage at this time.  Oil mix contains Castor Oil, African Pride Miracle Growth Oil, Jojoba Oil, EV Coconut Oil.
  • Twice a week, apply Castor Oil to edges and nape.
  • If hair is not protected, do a baggy mid week.

Comments

  1. great post hun :) i absolutely hate cantu shea butter.. tried it recently.. but the strangest thing is the ingredient list seem to vary so much :s xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Actually, my routine has changed since June when this was posted. I've not been using Cantu shea butter due to the silicones.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does cloves water itch my scalp?

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer