To Trim or not to Trim...

While examining the ends of my hair, I noticed that they were a bit straggly.  I didn't find any split ends, so dusting was out of the question.  Now, you might be wondering, what does Dusting have to do with hair?
Well, dusting is the process of performing a seek and destroy of split ends, in which, you cut off about 1/8th of the ends of a hair strand.  Whereas, trimming is essentially cutting off 1/2 an inch or more of the ends of your hair, all around. 

I decided to get about 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches trimmed off. 

After the trim, it was time to get my Protein Treatment. The reason why I wanted to do this was because I noticed that my hair seemed to be losing some elasticity.  Although moisturized, it did not have that bounce-back effect when pulled.  I used Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise to perform this process.

After the treatment, I used Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner (Aloe Vera and Avocado) as my leave in.  I then two strands twisted my hair in chunky twists, basing my scalp with Jojoba oil.

The next day, I restyled my hair in medium sized twists using Eco Styler Gel (Moroccan Argan Oil).

Results...
 




I decided to give the Eco Styler gel another try because I liked the shine, however, my twists were unraveling at the relaxed ends, which I DID NOT like!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does cloves water itch my scalp?

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer