Maintaining Two strand twist style

I have had my two strand twist protective style now for a week and will have it in for another week. If not properly taken care of twists styles can become quite messy.  I am learning as I go, but wanted to share what I tried this morning.

Let's move on...
  • Look at each twists to check if any has untwisted.  Since my hair is still transistioning, it is easy for the relaxed part of my hair to untwist.
  • If I find any twists that have come undone, I spray some water onto the palm of my hands and rub into the untwisted hair.  I apply some coconut oil to the hair and then apply Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie OR Eco Styler Gel to the strands and retwists. I experiemented with both products and found the SMCES to be more moisturized than the Eco Styler.
  • To the remaining hair, I again spray my hands with water and rub over my hair. Apply coconut oil to my palm and run it through my hair.
  • I took a little Shea Butter mix and apply on my hair.

  • For my front edges, spray edges with water, apply some oil, and some Eco Styler. I used my fingers to gently smoothen the Eco Styler on my edges and tie down my hair with a silk scarf.  Using the scarf, gives my edges a wavy effect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Braid Machine for Hair

What To Do If Your Child Has Dry Scalp

My Current Skincare Products