Update on African Threading out style (Nwele)

Yesterday, I blogged about the Damn salon and the Nwele style.  I wasn't sure how I would like this style, and since I am currently in my 2 weeks protective style (cornrows with single braids), I decided to let my daughter try out this style.

First of all, I did a "take down" of her 2 weeks old threaded hair style. As some of you know, she has now been fully natural for 1 year 2 months. I chopped off all her relaxed hair last month, December. Although she lost length, I am glad that her hair looks more healthy. With proper maintenance, we will see some lengths soon.  Anyways, sorry for the digression.

Here is her style 2 weeks ago (left side) and what it looked like this morning, 2 weeks later.

The roots have bulged out because of some growth and general wear over time.

After taking out the thread, here is what it looks like. This is the style that was futured by the stylist from the Damn salon.

Don't worry, I didn't let her go out like this. I decided to put her in a puff with some single braids tie-back in front.  I did not comb out her hair. I NEVER comb dry hair because that can causes breakage. I used my water oil mixed spritz to smoothing her edges and finger combed the individual unthreaded sections. Then I accessorized it with her favorite flower headband. You can see how the puff has a curl to it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does cloves water itch my scalp?

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer