Two Strand Twist Bantu Knots

I decided to style my daughter's hair differently for the weekend. After having threaded hair for two weeks, I wanted to give her hair edges a break. I got this idea from PrettyDimples01 on YouTube. I just love YouTube.. I get so many ideas from there.


Shampoo process

I wanted to clarify her hair to remove any product buildup. I clarify my hair and that of my girls once a month. To clarify her hair, I used Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Fortifying Shampoo. This product does contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate. I do not normally use sulfate shampoo regularly because this tends to dry out the hair. By for clarify the hair, it is essential.  Washing her hair, in four sections, helped to reduce tangles. I applied the product to each of the sections and this shampoo also detangled any tangles (she didn't have any *YEAH*). 

Deep conditioning process

I created a mixture of 3 tbsps of Silk Elements Luxury Conditioner and 1 tbsp of Grapeseed oil. Reason for using the grapeseed oil: It moisturizes the hair and scalp, making hair supple reducing brittleness, breakage and helping to protect the hair ends from splitting (1). I saturated each sectioned hair with this mixture, covered the hair with a plastic cap.
After 30 minutes, I gave her a trim because while washing her hair, I noticed that I didn't get all the relaxed ends off from the last time I did a mini-big chop.  This keeps the hair healthy.

Styling process

The products that I use for each of my daughters are different due to the fact that each of them have different hair types and textures. My older girl has more of a type 4c hair, whereas her sister is a mixture of 4a and 4b.  Click here for more info on Hair types and textures. I am so looking forward to finding out what my hair type is.

Okay, back to styling!!!

Leave- in conditioning: 2 tbsps of Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque  and 2 tsps of Coconut oil.  I have used Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque in the past as a Deep conditioner, but it didn't really do anything for her hair. So, I thought I would use it as a leave-in.  Now, I don't think I will be using it on my 4c girl again!! It left her soft hair feeling dry, even though her hair was damp. Her hair did not feel moisturized even with the addition of coconut oil, a great moisturizing essential oil. I wanted to wash off her hair, but decided not to put her through the process again. I probably will do a co-wash sometimes next week to just refresh her hair.

Styling Two Twist Bantu Knots:
Keep in mind, I have not combed her hair with a comb and it really suprised me how her hair was not tangled and very manageable. Using my fingers, I sectioned her hair and applied small amount of Shea Moisture Organic Curl Enhancing Smoothie Coconut & Hibiscus, I then two strands twist the hair and put a little bit of my shea butter mix to the ends to seal in the moisture. I love using shea butter as my sealer.

When done with twisting all her hair, took about an hour and a half with a short 10 mins break. I started to Bantu Knot the twists, gathering about four twists at a time., using a bobby pin to hold the knots in place.  I let her sit under a hooded dryer, because this helps reduce frizzness post-drying. 

After hair has been dried under hooded dryer for 20 mins



Here is how I styled her hair for the day.  This style is very versatile and my daughter loved it.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Braid Machine for Hair

What To Do If Your Child Has Dry Scalp

My Current Skincare Products